Our Favorite Gear
We all have a favorite item or two that makes our photo lives easer or more fun. Here we list just a few of ours that we're really loving lately and what makes them awesome.
- Ultimate Ball Head by Acratech — We love our Acratechs! They reposition quickly and track smoothly, with a greater-than-zero angle capability facing upward or downward. The open design keeps debris from collecting and gunking up around the ball head. Plus, the few rubberized knobs lock down easily and securely to eliminate drift without taking a hunk of knuckle in the process. Their smooth-as-butter operation is well worth the investment.
- Fusion Plate by FPGear.com — This mounting plate allows shooters to get onto a tripod quickly then switch to a rapid strap without ever removing the plate from your camera body. Simply flip up the built-in D-ring on the base of the plate and clip in, then reverse the process to get back onto the tripod. This is the perfect solution for those who loath tripod shooting because of time wasted switching out the plate. The design is sturdy and secure — perfect for both tripod and handheld shooters. And, the Acra-Swiss style works with our Acratech Ball Heads perfectly. We've used them since October 2015 and no longer despise tripod days.
- Little Bigger Camera Bag by Domke — These bags have been our “go-to” bags since January. The 4-compartment moveable insert plus 9 pockets assures flexibility that fits all of your gear. The 4-point suspension hand grip helps balance the bag when carrying it and the 3 see-through compartments in the weather flap help save time when searching for stuff. With room for up to 2 bodies, 3-5 lenses and the accessories you need, its the ideal bag to get the job done. We leave them packed and ready to grab for heading out the door each day.
- Pelican Large Hard Case with Versatile Padded Dividers (#1564) — This hard-body case with wheels and extendable handle is perfect for taking gear on the go. There’s plenty of room for everything you need on location, like multiple camera bodies, lenses and flash units, filters, light meters, batteries, cables, and more. Plus, the padded dividers are extremely versatile to customize the interior. It’s fully sealed, waterproof design protects gear in bad weather and mucky environments. Hey, it’s crushproof, dustproof, watertight, and it floats, too! It can take a beating while keeping your gear safe from moisture, bumps and shock. We love them! They’re a great addition to our everyday bags for safely hauling all of our extras to shoots that require additional lenses and lighting, or long trips to the mountains. It means we never have to compromise on what gear we might need while packing for a trip. Learn more about it by clicking here.
- Pelican 1569 Lid Organizer (for #1564) — Keep all your smaller items organized and tangle free. Zipper pockets, made from see-through netting, and elastic loops displays everything in one place without having to open pockets to see what’s inside. The organizer secures right inside the hard case lid to keep everything readily available.
© . All rights reserved.